When individuals and businesses plan for their future, they need to be able to count on skilled legal counsel for guidance. Our trusts and estates attorneys have in-depth knowledge of relevant probate laws, including the Wisconsin Marital Property Law, and state and federal estate and income tax laws. And we not only understand it, we teach it. Our attorneys lecture at the University of Wisconsin Law School and continuing education classes on estate planning and probate.
Our depth and breadth of experience means that you can turn to us for help with:
- Preparation of wills, revocable living trusts, irrevocable trusts, and marital property agreements that take advantage of the Wisconsin Marital Property Law and state and federal estate tax laws
- Succession planning for businesses
- Litigation services involving interpretation of marital property law and will/trust disputes
- Summary probate proceedings
- Administration of estates/probate
- Review of the effect of income tax considerations on estate plans and advice on estate planning opportunities such as the use of charitable gifts, lifetime gifts, and family limited partnerships
- Powers of attorney for health care and durable powers of attorney for finances
- Estate planning and tax advice to foundations, charitable corporations, banks and trust companies
- Integration of assets that pass by beneficiary designation, such as life insurance and retirement benefits, into estate plans
Advisory and Litigation Services
Our trusts and estates attorneys offer advisory and litigation services to individuals, for-profit businesses, including banks and trust companies, foundations, and charitable corporations.
Peace of Mind
In trusts and estates law, the best result is the peace of mind that comes with careful and proactive planning and the satisfaction of knowing that loved ones will be guided through the difficult and sometimes complicated process of sorting out and distributing assets. Whatever your estate planning or probate needs, we deliver solutions on time—with understanding and a smile.