On the Job
Attorney Margaret Lund practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, tax exempt organizations, entertainment law, taxation, and business. She provides estate planning services which include business succession planning, trust administration, and strategies for the effective preservation and transfer of wealth.
Her experience includes:
- Advising clients in estate planning regarding lifetime giving, charitable giving, generation skipping planning, and the use of life insurance.
- Representing clients in a variety of probate matters including will contests, creditor’s claims, trust and will construction issues, and cases involving trust administration and fiduciary duties.
- Advising nonprofit entities including private foundations in the formation, application for and maintenance of exempt status, property tax exemptions, and day to day operations.
- Advising nonprofit entities and businesses in reorganizations including acquisitions and mergers.
- Representing clients in a variety of entertainment ventures including negotiation and preparation of agreements such as production agreements, options, writers agreements, location agreements, and depiction agreements.
Margie is licensed to practice law in Wisconsin. Click here for Margie’s lawyer rating. She has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 in the fields of Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law.
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1979; cum laude)
St. Norbert College(B.A., 1975)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Milwaukee Bar Association Lawyer of the Year (2003)
- YWCA of Greater Milwaukee Woman of Achievement (2001)
- St. Norbert College Award for Distinguished Achievements in Social Science (2002)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association