On the Job
Stafford Rosenbaum Partner Jared Potter is an attorney in the Milwaukee office, focusing on family law, trust and probate administration, estate planning and appeals.
In all areas of his practice, Jared believes it is his responsibility to educate his clients with the information and tools necessary to make the best possible decisions for their families. Though he is often working with families going through difficult situations, he is able to help families transition to their next stage in life. Jared is results-focused, and his clients benefit from his ability to factor in the short-term and long-term consequences of client decisions.
Jared’s experience includes divorce litigation and cooperative and collaborative divorce actions; paternity and paternity acknowledgement actions; child custody, placement and support actions; estate planning including drafting of last wills, powers of attorney, living wills and trusts; representing and accepting appointments as a Personal Representative for estates; probate litigation; juvenile and adult guardianships; real estate transactions; and appeals.
As a child growing up on a multi-generational family cranberry farm in Wisconsin, Jared has seen the importance of effective estate and business planning. He applies this personal, first-hand familiarity along with his legal experience and knowledge to most effectively represent clients.
- Florida Coastal School of Law (J.D., 2007; Moot Court Honor Board; Pro Bono Honors, Family Law Certificate)
- Marquette University (B.A., 2004)
- Selected as a Wisconsin Rising Star (since 2012)
- Recipient of the Wisconsin Law Journal’s Up and Coming Lawyer Award (2013)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin– Elder Law, Taxation, Young Lawyers Divisions
- State Bar of Wisconsin– Family Law Section Legislative Committee Member (2011- Present)
- Divorce Cooperation Institute, Board Member, Secretary
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin– Organization Chair Elect and current Chair of the Southeast Chapter
- Milwaukee Center for Independence, Young Professionals Advisory Board
- Leander J. Foley Matrimonial American Inn of Court
- Joint Legislative Council Special Committee on Review of Spousal Maintenance Awards in Divorce Proceedings
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Herbert J. Mueller Society, member