On the Job
Attorney James I. Statz is a partner in Stafford Rosenbaum’s Madison office, and his practice focuses on representing clients in real estate and closely-held business transactions. Jim also serves on the firm’s Board of Directors as its information technology partner.
Jim offers extensive experience handling highly complex real estate transactions. These routinely involve negotiations with municipalities, lenders, investors, and buyers—as well as zoning laws and many levels of government regulation. His detailed knowledge of real estate laws and regulations avoids unexpected complications.
Jim especially enjoys working with closely-held businesses and has advised numerous corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. He has worked with entrepreneurs on acquisition, formation, sale, and organization of their businesses, including day-to-day operations.
- UW-Eau Claire, summa cum laude
- University of Wisconsin Law School (Phi Kappa Phi and Phi Eta Sigma honorary societies, graduating with honors)
- 2023 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- 2019 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year for Real Estate
- Best Lawyers award (since 2017) for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) and Real Estate Law
Professional Affiliations and Court Admissions
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- Supreme Court, State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin