On the Job
Attorney Jim Statz’s Practice
Attorney James Statz is a partner in Stafford Rosenbaum’s Madison office, and his practice focuses on representing clients in real estate and closely-held business transactions. Jim also serves on the firm’s Board of Directors as its information technology partner.
Jim offers extensive experience handling highly complex real estate transactions. These routinely involve negotiations with municipalities, lenders, investors, and buyers—as well as zoning laws and many levels of government regulation. His detailed knowledge of real estate laws and regulations avoids unexpected complications.
Jim especially enjoys working with closely-held businesses and has advised numerous corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. He has worked with entrepreneurs on acquisition, formation, sale, and organization of their businesses, including day-to-day operations.
Jim’s Court Admissions
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Supreme Court
- State of Illinois
- UW-Eau Claire, summa cum laude
- University of Wisconsin Law School (Phi Kappa Phi and Phi Eta Sigma honorary societies, graduating with honors)
Jim’s Professional Recognitions
- 2023 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- 2019 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year for Real Estate
- Best Lawyers award (since 2017) for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) and Real Estate Law