Jim Statz has been focusing on representing clients in real estate and closely-held business transactions since 1989.
Mr. Statz offers extensive experience handling highly complex real estate transactions. These routinely involve negotiations with municipalities, lenders, investors, and buyers—as well as zoning laws and many levels of government regulation. His detailed knowledge of real estate laws and regulations avoids unexpected complications.
Mr. Statz especially enjoys working with closely-held businesses and has advised numerous corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. He has worked with entrepreneurs on acquisition, formation, sale, and organization of their businesses, including day-to-day operations.
Mr. Statz is the firm's Business Law Team Leader.
- UW-Eau Claire, summa cum laude, (B.A., 1986)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (Phi Kappa Phi and Phi Eta Sigma honorary societies, graduating with honors)
Professional Affiliations and Court Admissions
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- Supreme Court, State of Wisconsin, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1989
Jim is on the Board of Madison’s Communication Development Center, a small not-for-profit clinic specializing in communication services for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other communication disorders. He is also on the Board for Rainbow Hospice Foundation, which supports the Jefferson County hospice organization, Rainbow Hospice Care, Inc.
- Favorite foods: anything Chipotle
- Favorite music: Classic Rock
- Favorite getaway: islands and beaches
- Would like to visit: Cuba
- Favorite author: Lee Child
- Favorite movies: Inherit the Wind, Bourne Trilogy