On the Job
Attorney Seep Paliwal is a senior associate in Stafford Rosenbaum LLP’s Madison office. Her practice focuses on intellectual property and entertainment law. Her IP work heavily involves copyright licensing and enforcement, trademark prosecution and protection, and trade secret enforcement for a range of industries, including those of musicians, authors, playwrights, screenwriters, artists, businesses, and nonprofits. Facilitating the negotiation and preparation of agreements among entities and individuals in these sectors represents a significant portion of Seep’s intellectual property work as well. In conjunction with her IP work, Seep has developed a practice working with technology based businesses, assisting clients with software licensing, privacy and data protection, and brand development.
When she’s not delving into IP work, Seep enjoys practicing general business law, both litigation and transactional work, in addition to condominium association matters. She also frequents work in probate, guardianship, and as a court-appointed guardian ad litem in family law matters.
Seep first gained experience with intellectual property law as a law student working with the UW-Madison Office of Legal Affairs as a trademark clerk. She also clerked with the USDA’s Forest Service, advising on issues such as pending patent prosecution, disputes of inventorship, and trademark infringement. Prior to joining Stafford Rosenbaum, she was a staff attorney with Community Justice, Inc.
Seep is fluent in English, Hindi, and Spanish.
Seep is admitted to practice in Wisconsin.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2015)
- New York University (B.A., Politics, 2011; minors in Cinema Studies and Producing)
Professional Recognitions and Awards
- Wisconsin Law Journal’s Up and Coming Lawyer, 2017
- State Bar of Wisconsin’s Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 2018
- Belle Case LaFollette Award, 2019
Professional Memberships, Admissions, and Activities
- Board Member, Community Justice, Inc.
- President, Monroe Street Art Center, 2023-present
- Board member, 2021-present
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Chair, Legal Assistance Committee
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Supplemental Court Commissioner, Branch 5 of the Dane County Circuit Court, 2020-present
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin