On the Job
Attorney Seep Paliwal is a senior associate in Stafford Rosenbaum LLP’s Madison office. Her practice focuses on intellectual property and entertainment law, business law, probate, guardianship, and court appointed guardian ad litem in family law matters.
Seep gained experience with intellectual property law as a law student working with the UW-Madison Office of Legal Affairs as the trademark clerk. There she managed the trademark portfolio for the University and assisted with issues related to trademark licensing. She also clerked with the USDA’s Forest Service, where she worked both with inventors for the federal government and with private contractors, advising on issues such as pending patent prosecution, disputes of inventorship, and trademark violation.
Seep began her legal career with a passion for public interest law and public policy, which she developed working with a number of non-profits and public interest programs while in law school. After graduating, she continued volunteer work with various pro se clinics in the Madison, Wisconsin community. Prior to joining Stafford Rosenbaum, Seep practiced family law with Community Justice, Inc., both as advocacy counsel and court-appointed guardian ad litem. She was also the project manager and founder of two of CJI’s pro bono initiatives, the Municipal Defense Project and the Foreclosure Defense Project.
Seep is fluent in English, Hindi, and Spanish.
Seep is admitted to practice in Wisconsin.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2015)
- New York University (B.A., Politics, 2011; minors in Cinema Studies and Producing)
Professional Recognitions and Awards
- Wisconsin Law Journal’s Up and Coming Lawyer, 2017
- State Bar of Wisconsin’s Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 2018
- Belle Case LaFollette Award, 2019
Professional Memberships, Admissions, and Activities
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Chair, Legal Assistance Committee
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin
- Supplemental Court Commissioner, Branch 5 of the Dane County Circuit Court, 2020-present
- Board Member, Monroe Street Art Center, 2021-present