On the Job
Attorney Rick Manthe is a senior associate at Stafford Rosenbaum focusing on environmental law and local government law. In his environmental practice, Rick focuses on water issues affecting local governments. He also represents individuals and businesses on issues related to land use and development. In his local government practice, Rick represents local governments in all aspects of their operations, including ordinance drafting, liquor licensing, open meetings, development agreements and providing general advice.
Rick has been practicing since 2014, and his practice has included representing school districts in all areas of their operations, including employment law, public records, open meetings and constitutional law. Rick has also worked as Legal Counsel for the Wisconsin Towns Association where he provided legal assistance to the nearly 1,250 towns in Wisconsin. He is a former Assistant State Public Defender for the Brown County Public Defender’s Office.
Rick is admitted to practice in Wisconsin, in the Eastern and Western federal district courts of Wisconsin, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2014, cum laude)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (B.A., 2012)
- Board of Directors, State Bar of Wisconsin, Administrative and Local Government Law Section
- Board of Directors, American Constitution Society, Madison Lawyers Chapter
- Speaker, University of Wisconsin – Green Bay Clerks and Treasurers Institute