On the Job
Attorney Pahoua Thao’s Practice
Attorney Pahoua Thao is a senior associate in Stafford Rosenbaum’s Madison office. Her practice focuses on municipal, insurance, and litigation matters. Pahoua practices in both state and federal court and has spent several years representing clients against claims alleging constitutional rights violations, personal injury, nuisances, open records violations, and land use. Her litigation experience includes all aspects of a lawsuit from handling pre-suit claim assessments, summary judgment, jury trials, and appeals. Pahoua also represents businesses and financial institutions in creditor/debtor matters and foreclosures.
With years of experience in insurance and advising municipalities, Pahoua’s passion is helping clients to manage and prevent risks. This has ultimately led Pahoua to expand her practice into the area of data privacy and cybersecurity—a dynamic and emerging area of law.
Pahoua is fluent in English and Hmong.
Pahoua’s Court Admissions
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Northern Illinois University College of Law – DeKalb (J.D., 2014)
- University of Wisconsin – Madison (B.A., 2007, History and Communications)
Pahoua’s Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Bench and Bar Committee
- American Bar Association
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Committee, Government Counsel Outreach Chair
- Dane County Bar Association