On the Job
Attorney Matt Fisher’s Practice
Attorney Matt Fisher is a partner in Stafford Rosenbaum’s Milwaukee office, bringing a breadth of knowledge and experience in commercial and insurance litigation.
Matt focuses his practice on business-related disputes, and he represents businesses and individuals in a wide range of matters, including securities and financial litigation, antitrust, class actions, construction, complex insurance coverage disputes, business torts, product liability, contract disputes, and real estate litigation.
Matt has achieved outstanding results in all stages of litigation, from obtaining dismissals to winning at trial. He has argued and prevailed before the Wisconsin Supreme Court. In addition, a significant portion of Matt’s practice is devoted to representing clients in mediation and arbitration. He is currently a FINRA arbitrator.
Matt’s Court Admissions
- State of Wisconsin
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- University of Minnesota (J.D., cum laude)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Enforcement, Trial Unit
- University of Cambridge (Masters of Philosophy)
- University of Iowa (B.A., High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa)
Matt’s Publications and Presentations
- “Piercing the Corporate Veil in Wisconsin: When Individuals May be Held Responsible for Business Liabilities,” January 31, 2018
- “Introduction to Wisconsin Defamation Law,” August 3, 2016
- Speaker, “Construction Defect Insurance Coverage Issues Demystified,” National Business Institute, 2015-2016
Matt’s Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association