On the Job
Katie’s areas of concentration include divorce litigation, cooperative divorce and legal separation, child custody and placement, paternity, child support, and estate planning, including the drafting of prenuptial or marital property agreements. Katie is trained in and practices collaborative divorce law. Collaborative law is a unique, reasonable approach to handling some family law matters based on a commitment to avoid litigation, provide open, honest communication and engage in collaborative problem-solving. Katie also serves as a Guardian ad litem in family law matters.
Professional Affiliations and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Lawrence University, B.A. Geology
- University of Notre Dame, Ph.D. Geological Sciences, focusing on Aqueous Geochemistry
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.