On the Job
Attorney Jane Landretti’s Practice
Attorney Jane Landretti joined Stafford Rosenbaum LLP in 2021 and is a partner in the firm’s Madison office. Jane’s practice is primarily focused on environmental law.
With more than 15 years of experience in the public sector, serving as Chief Legal Counsel for the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, and a staff attorney for the Department of Natural Resources and the Department of Transportation, Jane brings the firm a wealth of expertise in interpreting agency authority, rulemaking processes, and follow-through.
Jane has led projects and advised on WPDES pollutant discharge permits, land and water conservation programs, point source and nonpoint agriculture, storm water permits, waterway permits, wetlands, food licensing and safety, agricultural development, open records and meetings, consumer protection, and federal, state and local grant programs.
Jane is licensed to practice in Wisconsin.
- Drake University Law School (Food and Agricultural Law Program, J.D., 2004)
- Peace & Conflict Resolution Institute, Uppsala University, Sweden (Graduate Studies, 2001)
- Cornell College (Politics, B.A., 2000)
Jane’s Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Equal Justice Fund, Board of Directors
- YMCA of Dane County, Board of Directors
Jane’s Presentations and Publications
- 2023 Top Contributor, Wisconsin Lawyer, 2023
- “Water Quality Challenges: Nonpoint Sources and Emerging Contaminants,” Wisconsin Lawyer, October 2022