On the Job
Attorney George D. Mistrioty has broad experience in all areas of family law. With 30+ years of courtroom experience, George uses a creative and strategic approach to solving legal problems while navigating his clients through the legal system. With a focus on family law litigation and dispute resolution, he is able to offer his clients composed and strategic representation, proactively addressing their needs and expected outcomes.
George’s practice focuses on all matters of family law, including divorce, custody, placement, child support, and maintenance. He assists clients through these issues through trial or collaborative processes. His cases have also included post judgment, paternity, guardianship and other types of family law settlements, trials, and appeals. He works closely with psychiatric professionals, guardians ad litem, and forensic accountants when working through his cases.
With a focus of keeping his clients informed of all options, George offers a compassionate and empathetic approach to his clients, while maintaining the firm and direct demeanor needed from a lawyer. George believes that he best serves clients when he offers them understanding and can draw from his extensive experience to offer unique solutions to his clients’ equally unique needs.
For family law parties seeking alternatives to the courtroom, George Mistrioty is a leader in the industry. He is experienced in mediating family law issues outside of the courtroom and has expanded his family law practice to include the collaborative process. Mediating a divorce can add civility, privacy, and respect to the process. George believes many divorce clients would benefit from exploring mediation as an option to address their families’ needs. He particularly encourages couples with children to consider collaborative and cooperative divorces.
In addition to his family law practice, George handles a diversity of complex financial disputes for Stafford Rosenbaum clients, including business dissolutions and disputes, contract disputes, real estate disputes, intellectual property, and personal injury. He regularly works with a broad range of legal specialists and other professionals such as engineering, medical, tax, and financial experts.
Clients can rest assured that their concerns are fully heard when they work with George. He has the experience to know that clients need to be understood in order to find best possible solutions for them and to identify the true goals and objectives of the matter at hand.
If you are seeking a calming and understanding family law attorney, Attorney George D. Mistrioty is who you should call. More information, including some client reviews, about George can be found on Avvo, Find Law, and Lawyers.com.
Education and Training
- Marquette University Law School-J.D., 1991
- University of Wisconsin – Madison-B.S., Philosophy, 1988
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, Division of Continuing Studies, Certificate for Divorce and Family Mediation Training, 2013
- Family Mediation Center, Certificate of Completion for Interdisciplinary Family Law Mediation Training (2019)
Memberships and Certifications
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee County Bar Association
- Waukesha County Bar Association
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin
- Member, Divorce Cooperation Institute
- Member, Justinian Society of Lawyers Board of Directors
- Member, Greek Orthodox Manor
- Member, AHEPA (American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association)