Margaret Lund practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, tax exempt organizations, entertainment law, taxation, and business. She provides estate planning services which include business succession planning, trust administration, and strategies for the effective preservation and transfer of wealth.
Her experience includes:
- Advising clients in estate planning regarding lifetime giving, charitable giving, generation skipping planning, and the use of life insurance.
- Representing clients in a variety of probate matters including will contests, creditor's claims, trust and will construction issues, and cases involving trust administration and fiduciary duties.
- Advising nonprofit entities including private foundations in the formation, application for and maintenance of exempt status, property tax exemptions, and day to day operations.
- Advising nonprofit entities and businesses in reorganizations including acquisitions and mergers.
- Representing clients in a variety of entertainment ventures including negotiation and preparation of agreements such as production agreements, options, writers agreements, location agreements, and depiction agreements.
Margaret is licensed to practice law in Wisconsin. Click here for Margaret's lawyer rating. Margaret has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 in the fields of Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law.
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1979; cum laude)
St. Norbert College (B.A., 1975)
Professional Recognition and Awards
Milwaukee Bar Association Lawyer of the Year (2003)
YWCA of Greater Milwaukee Woman of Achievement (2001)
St. Norbert College Award for Distinguished Achievements in Social Science (2002)
Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
Selected by peers as “Best Lawyers 2020 Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Professional Memberships and Activities
American Bar Association
State Bar of Wisconsin
Milwaukee Bar Association
Margaret is an avid sports fan. She enjoys attending a variety of sporting events and in particular Packers games. She coached youth soccer and basketball and continues to play soccer.
Favorite artist: Ellsworth Kelly
Last place visited: Boston
Favorite getaway: The Caribbean
- Bradley Family Foundation Director
- Bradley Tech Commission- Commissioner
- Greater Milwaukee Committee Member
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation: Camps for Kids Steering Committee Member
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation Herbert J. Mueller Society Member
- Jane Bradley Petit Foundation Director, President