Katie’s areas of concentration include divorce litigation, cooperative divorce and legal separation, child custody and placement, paternity, child support, and estate planning, including the drafting of prenuptial or marital property agreements. Katie is trained in and practices collaborative divorce law. Collaborative law is a unique, reasonable approach to handling some family law matters based on a commitment to avoid litigation, provide open, honest communication and engage in collaborative problem-solving. Katie also serves as a Guardian ad litem in family law matters.
Professional Affiliations and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Lawrence University, B.A. Geology
- University of Notre Dame, Ph.D. Geological Sciences, focusing on Aqueous Geochemistry
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
Katie, her husband, Phil, and their sons live in Fitchburg. Katie and Phil met in their native Oshkosh while they were coaching T-ball and softball. Their fondness of softball continues today, as they play in a co-ed softball league on Friday nights in the summer. Katie and Phil are both avid sports fans and enjoy having friends over to their home to watch Packer games. When she is not keeping up with Bo and his eclectic interests, Katie enjoys reading, running, visiting family in Oshkosh, and relaxing with her husband in their backyard.
- Favorite sports: Packer football, Badger football, Badger basketball, Brewers baseball, Notre Dame football
- Favorite music: Country (and Western) music
- Favorite food: apple fritters from Greenbush bakery
- Favorite getaway: annual trip with the family to the deer camp near Eagle River, Wisconsin
- Favorite seasons: everything but winter
- Favorite book: currently – Unbroken