Tony Menting was born into the role of problem-solver. It would have been nearly impossible for him to survive five older sisters and a younger brother without learning to implement creative solutions to conflict. His problem-solving skills matured with him through childhood and college, where he graduated with honors, earning a bachelors degree in mathematics. His ability to analyze complex situations was refined with further study at Marquette Law School.
For Tony, the practice of family law has been the perfect opportunity to use the skills he has nurtured throughout his life.
Divorce cases are complex. The issues range from creating a placement schedule to permit your children to thrive, to assessing the values of businesses or pensions. Tony’s mathematical and analytical background, along with over fifteen years of experience, allow him to fully and effectively counsel our divorce clients about family and financial issues in an effort to obtain a resolution that is fair and well-reasoned.
Tony believes that children’s needs and interests are paramount. He has three young children and understands the importance of maintaining stability in the midst of change. Since parents put their children’s needs before their own during marriage, Tony encourages clients to keep their children’s needs and interests at the forefront as a part of the divorce process as well. Since the parents are divorcing and not the children, he urges clients to isolate the children from the conflict to the greatest extent possible.
Tony’s dedication to law extends beyond his practice. He has presented seminars to fellow lawyers and judges, written proposed legislation, and testified before legislative committees on family law matters. He also offers mediation services.
Tony is admitted to practice in Wisconsin. Anthony was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 in the field of Family Law.
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., 1993)
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point (B.S., 1990)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Selected by peers as a Wisconsin Super Lawyer (since 2007).
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (since 2012).
Professional Memberships & Committees
Anthony is married to Stacy, a reading specialist for the Johnson Creek School District. They have three children. Anthony enjoys time away with his family; international travel; hiking; and going out to dinner with friends.
- Favorite foods: Anything ethnic or spicy
- Favorite artists: French Impressionists
- Favorite music: Oldies (What my kids call it!)
- Last place visited: London, England
- Favorite getaway: Rustic cabin on a small lake in the Nicolet National Forest
- Favorite book: The Godfather
- Favorite movie: Under the Tuscan Sun
- Would like to visit: Rome and Tuscany
- Last book read: The Lost Symbol
- Oconomowoc High School Drama Mamas and Papas
- Town of Summit Volunteer Fire Department - Dive/Rescue Team (past)