On the Job
Paul was admitted to practice in Wisconsin in January 1982. After serving a one-year clerkship with the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, Paul has served in private practice since 1983.
Paul concentrates his practice on trial and appellate litigation in the areas of business and commercial law, insurance law, creditor’s rights, employment law and municipal law. Paul has served as lead counsel in civil and administrative trials, and he has extensive experience with the Wisconsin appellate court system. He serves as Retained Counsel for the Office of Lawyer Regulation and as a private mediator, and has served as an Instructor in Civil Procedure at the University of Wisconsin Law School.
Paul is rated AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the highest peer review rating accorded by this directory.
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D. (Order of the Coif, cum laude)
- University of Wisconsin – Green Bay, B.A. (cum laude)
Professional Association and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- Mediator, Dane County Bar Association Mediation Service (1995-present)
- Member, Village of Waunakee Board of Tax Appeals (1996-2001)
- Member, Village of Waunakee Police Commission (2001-10)
- Member, St. John Lutheran Church (Reedsburg, WI), Foundation Board (current)