On the Job
Daphne Webb began private practice in 1973 and is one of the few Wisconsin lawyers named in Woodward White’s The Best Lawyers in America for both Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution. She has been selected by her peers as one of the Wisconsin Top 50 Lawyers and one of the Top 25 Women Lawyers, in past Milwaukee Magazine’s Super Lawyer issues. She is the 2019 recipient of the Leonard L. Loeb award from the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Ms. Webb is a past president and governor of the Wisconsin Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). She is listed as a preeminent lawyer in Martindale-Hubbell. She has served as Editor-in-Chief of the Wisconsin Journal of Family Law; as President of the Dane County Bar Association; and on the Board of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin. She was a panel member for fee arbitrations through the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Fee Arbitration Program and was a member of the Wisconsin Association of Mediators. As part of her practice, Ms. Webb conducted private mediation and arbitration, and was a certified practitioner of Collaborative Law.
Click here for Ms. Webb’s lawyer rating. Ms. Webb has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 in the fields of Arbitration, Family Law, Family Law Mediation, and Mediation. She was also recognized as a 2019 Lawyer of the Year for Collaborative Law: Family Law and Family Law Mediation.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, B.A.
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Recipient of the Senior Lawyers Division Leonard L. Loeb Award from the State Bar of Wisconsin (2019), a recognition for the work and leadership of a senior lawyer who has greatly impacted the legal system. The SLD recognizes those who have made significant contributions to the legal community, shown respect for the legal system, and demonstrated a love for the law and what it seeks to accomplish.
- Selected Top 50 Wisconsin Super Lawyer (2006, 2007, 2009), Top 25 Women Wisconsin Super Lawyer (2005-2011), and Wisconsin Super Lawyer (since 2005) for Family Law.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in family law (since 1999) and alternative dispute resolution (since 2007).
- For Madison, Wisconsin, Best Lawyers also named Daphne the 2017 and 2019 Lawyer of the Year for Collaborative Family Law; the 2015 and 2018 Lawyer of the Year for Family Law; the 2012 and 2019 Lawyer of the Year for Family Law Mediation; the 2020 Lawyer of the Year for Arbitration; and the 2022 Lawyer of the Year for Mediation.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- The National Trial Lawyers (top 100 trial lawyers from each state)
- Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation (top 2% of lawyers statewide)
- Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- Fellow (1998-2022), and Board of Governors (2006-2007), American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- President (2007), Wisconsin Chapter, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Family Law Section
- Former Editor-in-Chief (2004-2006), Associate Editor (2000-2004), Wisconsin Journal of Family Law
- Dane County Bar Association
- President (1984-1985)