On the Job
Daphne Webb, in private practice since 1973, is one of the few Wisconsin lawyers named in Woodward White’s The Best Lawyers in America for both Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution. She has been selected by her peers as one of the Wisconsin Top 50 Lawyers and one of the Top 25 Women Lawyers, in past Milwaukee Magazine’s Super Lawyer issues. She is the 2019 recipient of the Leonard L. Loeb award from the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Ms. Webb is Past President of the Wisconsin Chapter, and is a former Governor, of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. The Academy comprises the nation’s top family law and divorce attorneys from 47 states who specialize in all issues relating to marriage, divorce, custody, child placement, property valuation, property distribution, maintenance and child support. The Academy was founded in 1962 “to encourage the study, improve the practice, elevate the standards and advance the cause of matrimonial law to the end that the welfare of the family and society be preserved.”
Ms. Webb is listed as a preeminent lawyer in Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Webb received her B.A. and law degrees from University of Wisconsin-Madison.
She has served as Editor-in-Chief of the Wisconsin Journal of Family Law; as President of the Dane County Bar Association; and on the Board of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Ms. Webb is a panel member for fee arbitrations through the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Fee Arbitration Program. Ms. Webb is a member of the Wisconsin Association of Mediators. As part of her practice, Ms. Webb conducts private mediation and arbitration, and is a certified practitioner of Collaborative Law.
Ms. Webb is admitted to practice law in Wisconsin. Click here for Ms. Webb’s lawyer rating. Ms. Webb was recently selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 in the fields of Arbitration, Family Law, Family Law Mediation, and Mediation. She was also recognized as a 2019 Lawyer of the Year for Collaborative Law: Family Law and Family Law Mediation.
- University of Wisconsin Law School
- University of Wisconsin
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Recipient of the Senior Lawyers Division Leonard L. Loeb Award from the State Bar of Wisconsin (2019), a recognition for the work and leadership of a senior lawyer who has greatly impacted the legal system.
- Selected Top 50 Wisconsin Super Lawyer (2006, 2007, 2009), Top 25 Women Wisconsin Super Lawyer (2005-2011), and Wisconsin Super Lawyer 2018 for Family Law.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in family law (since 1999) and alternative dispute resolution (since 2007). Best Lawyers also named her the 2017 Collaborative Law: Family Law Lawyer of the Year – Madison, the 2015 Family Law Lawyer of the Year – Madison, and the 2012 Lawyer of the Year for Family Law Mediation – Madison.
- Selected by peers as “Best Lawyers 2020 Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Arbitration
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers (top 100 trial lawyers from each state)
- Member, Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation (top 2% of lawyers statewide)
- Member, Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- Fellow (1998-Present), and Board of Governors (2006-2007), American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- President (2007), Wisconsin Chapter, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin (Family Law Section)
- Former Editor-in-Chief (2004-2006), Associate Editor (2000-2004), Wisconsin Journal of Family Law
- President (1984-1985), Dane County Bar Association