On the Job
Bruce has litigated claims in state and federal courts for over 30 years, handling a broad range of complex civil litigation matters including torts, professional liability, product liability, insurance, business disputes, and environmental matters. His experience includes:
- Successful negotiation and defense on behalf of businesses of environmental-related claims in numerous proceedings before local municipalities, the Wisconsin Departments of Natural Resources and Justice, and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Frequently serving as a mediator of business and personal injury cases at the request of parties to a dispute.
- Mediation and arbitration of matters on behalf of businesses, individuals, companies and other attorneys, both on a volunteer and professional basis.
- Effective counsel of businesses on how to avoid litigation and minimize liability if litigation should arise for matters relating to personal injury, work place and employment, professional liability, premises liability, OSHA and environmental claims.
- Frequently acting as a third and independent arbitrator in auto policy uninsured and underinsured motorists’ cases.
Bruce is admitted to practice in Wisconsin. Click here for Bruce’s lawyer rating. Bruce was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019in the fields of Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance, and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1979; cum laude; First Recipient of Dean’s Outstanding Academic Achievement Award)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.B.A., 1976; graduated with honors; Beta Gamma Sigma)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Selected as a Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law by Martindale-Hubbell (2013)
- Named a 2013 Leader in the Law by Wisconsin Law Journal.Bruce was among26 attorneys and judges selected for demonstrating outstanding leadership, vision and legal expertise in Wisconsin’s law community.
- Named a 2011 BTI Client Service All-Star.
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (since 2007).
- Selected by peers as“Best Lawyers 2017 Lawyer of the Year” in the areas “Insurance Law” and “Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.”
- Selected by peers as a Wisconsin Super Lawyer for his work in personal injury defense (since 2006) and civil litigation – defense (since 2018).
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association (Litigation; Tort Trial & Insurance Practice; and Dispute Resolution)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Litigation; Alternative Dispute Resolution)
- Dane County Bar Association
- Dane County Mediation Program,Volunteer (for over 15 years)