Paul was admitted to practice in Wisconsin in January 1982. After serving a one-year clerkship with the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, Paul has served in private practice since 1983.
Paul concentrates his practice on trial and appellate litigation in the areas of business and commercial law, insurance law, creditor’s rights, employment law and municipal law. Paul has served as lead counsel in civil and administrative trials, and he has extensive experience with the Wisconsin appellate court system. He serves as Retained Counsel for the Office of Lawyer Regulation and as a private mediator, and has served as an Instructor in Civil Procedure at the University of Wisconsin Law School.
Paul is rated AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the highest peer review rating accorded by this directory.
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D. (Order of the Coif, cum laude)
- University of Wisconsin – Green Bay, B.A. (cum laude)
Professional Association and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- Mediator, Dane County Bar Association Mediation Service (1995-present)
- Member, Village of Waunakee Board of Tax Appeals (1996-2001)
- Member, Village of Waunakee Police Commission (2001-10)
- Member, St. John Lutheran Church (Reedsburg, WI), Foundation Board (current)
Paul and his wife reside in Reedsburg. They are proud of their daughters and grandchildren. Originally from Manitowoc, Wisconsin, Paul delivered the Sunday Green Bay Press-Gazette during the Lombardi era. Now, as a Green Bay Packers shareholder, Paul tries to take at least one pilgrimage each year to Lambeau Field.
In his free time, Paul enjoys reading history, playing board games and listening to Internet radio and podcasts. Additionally, Paul along with his wife and a friend sing folk, traditional and old time music of all kinds, though he is quick to point out that he is not one of the two musically-trained members in this trio.
Paul is the 2014 and 2015 Reedsburg Frosty Fest Scrabble champion.