Susan's practice focuses on trial and appellate litigation, including products liability defense, lemon law, breach of warranty, stray voltage and insurance litigation. She has represented clients in all stages of litigation and appeals in a variety of state and federal courts. Susan also practices in the area of municipal law. She has served as a municipal prosecutor in Milwaukee and Madison area municipalities and often represents municipalities and municipal insurers with respect to liability claims. Susan also assists municipal clients with ordinance and resolution drafting, and Open Records Law and Open Meetings Law issues.
Susan is admitted to practice law in Wisconsin.
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., 2006; cum laude; Marquette Sports Law Review, Executive Editor)
- Marquette University (B.A., History and Economics, 2002; cum laude)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Selected by peers as a Wisconsin Rising Star (since 2009).
- Named by Milwaukee Magazine as a Leading Litigation Lawyer (2014)
- Co-author, municipal law chapter, State Bar of Wisconsin's Annual Survey of Wisconsin Law (2012, 2013)
- Co-author, trade regulation chapter, State Bar of Wisconsin's Annual Survey of Wisconsin Law (2012, 2013)
- State-by-State Trucking Litigation Damages Compendium, American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (authored chapters for South Dakota, North Dakota, and Nebraska) (2013)
- "Should Players Have to Pass to Play?: A Legal Analysis of Implementing Genetic Testing in the National Basketball Association," 17 Marquette Sports Law Review 459 (2007).
- Adjunct Professor, University of Wisconsin—Parkside (Spring 2007-Spring 2009)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association, Member, Litigation Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin: Member, Litigation Section; Board Member and Vice Chair, Sports & Entertainment Law Section
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Waukesha Bar Association
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Thomas E. Fairchild American Inn of Court, Associate Member (2010 - 2013)
Susan is married to Jon Allen, who works as a cytotechnologist in the Milwaukee area. Susan enjoys outdoor activities, including biking, skiing, tennis and volleyball. She also enjoys vacationing with her family and friends.
Last place visited: San Francisco and the Wine Country
Favorite book: The Great Gatsby
Favorite movie: A Few Good Men
Would like to visit: Greece
- Milwaukee Justice Center, Volunteer
- Junior League of Milwaukee, Board of Directors and Member
- Holton Street Clinic Board, Board of Directors
- Volunteers of America, Community Engagement Board
- Special Olympics, Volunteer (past)