Daphne Webb, in private practice since 1973, is one of the few Wisconsin lawyers named in Woodward White’s The Best Lawyers in America for both Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution. She is regularly selected by her peers as one of the Wisconsin Top 50 Lawyers and one of the Top 25 Women Lawyers in Milwaukee Magazine’s Super Lawyer issue.
Ms. Webb is Past President of the Wisconsin Chapter, and is a former Governor, of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. The Academy comprises the nation’s top family law and divorce attorneys from 47 states who specialize in all issues relating to marriage, divorce, custody, child placement, property valuation, property distribution, maintenance and child support. The Academy was founded in 1962 “to encourage the study, improve the practice, elevate the standards and advance the cause of matrimonial law to the end that the welfare of the family and society be preserved.”
Ms. Webb is listed as a preeminent lawyer in Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Webb received her B.A. degree from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1970, and her law degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1973.
She has served as Editor-in-Chief of the Wisconsin Journal of Family Law; as President of the Dane County Bar Association; and on the Board of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Ms. Webb is a panel member for fee arbitrations through the State Bar of Wisconsin's Fee Arbitration Program. Ms. Webb is a member of the Wisconsin Association of Mediators. As part of her practice, Ms. Webb conducts private mediation and arbitration, and is a certified practitioner of Collaborative Law.
Ms. Webb is admitted to practice law in Wisconsin. Click here for Ms. Webb's lawyer rating. Ms. Webb was recently selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 in the fields of Arbitration, Family Law, Family Law Mediation, and Mediation.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1973; cum laude)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., 1970)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Selected Top 50 Wisconsin Super Lawyer (2006, 2007, 2009), and Top 25 Women Wisconsin Super Lawyer (2005-2011).
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in family law (since 1999) and alternative dispute resolution (since 2007). Best Lawyers also named her the 2017 Collaborative Law: Family Law Lawyer of the Year - Madison, the 2015 Family Law Lawyer of the Year - Madison, and the 2012 Lawyer of the Year for Family Law Mediation - Madison.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers (top 100 trial lawyers from each state)
- Member, Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation (top 2% of lawyers statewide)
- Member, Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- Fellow (1998-Present), and Board of Governors (2006-2007), American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- President (2007), Wisconsin Chapter, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Board Member, Divorce Cooperation Institute, Inc.
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, Inc.
- Member, American Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin (Family Law Section)
- Former Editor-in-Chief (2004-2006), Associate Editor (2000-2004), Wisconsin Journal of Family Law
- President (1984-1985), Dane County Bar Association
Daphne is single, with one grown-up son. Her pastimes include travel, reading, cooking, and golf.
- Favorite electronic device: Kindle
- Favorite movie: The Godfather
- Favorite book: Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
- Last place visited: The Sea Ranch, California
- Favorite golf course: Bandon Dunes in Oregon
- Guilty pleasure: HGTV
- Economic Justice Institute, Inc., Board President (2003 – present)
- Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society, Board Member (2007 – present)
- Center for Public Representation, Madison, Wisconsin, Board President (2001 – 2003), Board Member (1996 – 2003)
- Madison Metro YMCA, Board Member (1978 – 1985)