Liz is an attorney and lobbyist in the firm’s Madison office where her practice includes: labor and employment law; government and administrative law; litigation; and government affairs.
Prior to joining Stafford, Liz spent time in both the public and private sectors where she served various members of the Legislature’s Joint Finance Committee, past and present, including a former Co-Chair; lobbied on behalf of a statewide municipal trade association; and served as the Program Manager for a nationwide issuer of private activity and tax-exempt municipal bonds.
Liz has experience across a broad range of legal matters and forums, including:
- Municipal taxation issues (including property tax and room tax issues) and questions of general municipal law;
- Employment dispute resolution and employment agreements;
- Administrative review procedures; and
- Managing discovery in complex litigation.
Liz has been a regular presenter for the National Association of Counties, the National League of Cities, and the Wisconsin Counties Association, and has appeared before common councils and county boards from North Carolina to New York and Wisconsin to Georgia on issues of public finance.
Liz is admitted to practice law in Wisconsin and is a registered lobbyist for various municipal entities.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude; curricular concentration in Labor and Employment Law, with honors)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., Political Science and International Relations, with honors)
Publications and Presentations
- Family and Medical Leave Act—chapter 4, Wisconsin Attorney’s Desk Reference, State Bar of Wisconsin (2017 edition), co-author
- Issuing Authorities with Nationwide or Multi-Jurisdictional Authority, Council of Development Finance Agencies (May 2011)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
Outside the office, Liz is an avid dog-walker to her dog, Delilah, equestrian, and hiker. Liz also enjoys traveling, both inside and outside the U.S., and reading about the misadventures of Sam Vimes, a recurring character in Terry Pratchett’s novels.