Ms. Wilson is an associate with Stafford Rosenbaum. Her practice emphasizes local government, land use, real estate and development matters. She serves as and assists general counsel for a number of local governments. Her experience working with cities, villages, towns and counties is wide-ranging and includes:
- Advising local governments on land use and development matters, including zoning, land divisions, and public construction.
- Drafting and reviewing ordinances, contracts, easements, and other documents for local governments.
- Drafting and negotiating development agreements and other agreements on behalf of municipal clients.
- Advising local governments on issues pertaining to the Wisconsin Open Meetings and Public Records laws.
- Assisting local governments with property acquisition and eminent domain.
- Representing municipal and county governments in trial and appellate litigation.
- Drafting and advising local governments on issues pertaining to intergovernmental agreements and entities, including police, fire and emergency medical services entities.
- Serving as municipal prosecutor.
Holly is based in the firm’s Madison office.
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2014)
- Managing Editor & Malt & Barley Editor of the Wisconsin Law Review
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Leonard Loeb Award recipient
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program participant
- Worked at the Family Court Clinic
Loras College (B.A. Politics & Sociology, 2010; magna cum laude)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member, American Bar Association (Member, State and Local Government Section)
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin (Member, Administrative and Local Government Section)
- Member, Dane County Bar Association (Member, Legal Association of Women)
- Pro Bono Counsel, Badger Honor Flight
Holly co-authored the 2014 municipal law chapter in the State Bar of Wisconsin's Annual Survey of Wisconsin Law, a publication informing Wisconsin lawyers of the year's most significant legal developments.
Holly and her sisters
Holly is originally from Waunakee. She is proud to be a Loras College Duhawk where she played collegiate soccer and was the team captain for two years. Holly loves going down to Dubuque to watch Duhawk’s games. Holly has been active in coaching youth soccer, having last run the U10 developmental program and coaching U15 girls for the Waunakee Area Soccer Club.
- Favorite Music: Neko Case, Robyn, anything country
- Favorite Books: The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin & The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Favorite Movie: Pride & Prejudice (A&E Mini-Series)
- Favorite Restaurant: Graze
- Last Book Read: Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas D. Kristof
- Last Places Visited: St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands; Baltimore; Nashville
- Would Like to Visit: Germany; Belgium
- Guilty pleasure: Anything science fiction
- CATCH (Community Around the Children's Hospital), Member