Fran has engaged in a wide variety of litigation matters and has concentrated his practice in the areas of corporate, construction and administrative law. He has broad experience in alternative dispute resolution both as counsel and as an arbitrator and mediator. His appellate experience includes the state and federal intermediate appellate courts, the Wisconsin Supreme Court, and the United States Supreme Court. Fran also serves as a director of several large charitable foundations.
Fran is admitted to practice law in Wisconsin. Click here for Fran's lawyer rating. Fran was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 in the fields of Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense – White-Collar, and Litigation – Environmental.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1953)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.S.)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (since 2008).
- Selected by peers as a Wisconsin Super Lawyer (2005-2011).
- Fran has taught courses in procedure, evidence, and trial practice at the University of Wisconsin and Marquette University and law schools.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Law Institute, Life Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
Fran is married to Judith and they have five grown children.
- Favorite getaway: London
- Favorite restaurant: La Merenda in Milwaukee
- Would like to visit: Banff Lake Louise